Monday 24 February 2014

TIPS FOR INSPIRATION.


When thinking about my project, I've been finding it difficult to come up with fresh, new ideas and angles for the brief! Therefore, I decided to look up various ways to help get me inspired and I found a great list online! The article is titled "25 Ways to Jump Start Photography Inspiration" and simply lists some ideas to help get the creative juices flowing. Below I have written out a few of my favourite's from the post

--> Look through your CD collection - being a huge fan of music I never thought to turn to CD covers to help inspire me! Although most covers I now only have copies of digitally, I still look at them on a daily basis. A suggested idea that I found particularly interesting was to shoot a new cover for an old CD, I think this is a great way to re-vamp and modernise old CD's to fit this day and age!
--> Look 360 - For something so simply, the difference it makes is huge! Basically, when walking we look straight on, however if we look at the full 260 degree angles - upwards, downwards etc then there is a lot more we tend to miss! For example, reflections on puddles, patterns on car tyres and shadows!
--> Go to the movies - personally I love this idea, because I love going to the cinema! However, there is a lot more that we can pick out from watching a film in general - the dialogue, camera shots, characters and morals.

Those were three of my highlights from the post, but the entire 25 ways are listed in the original post here:
http://www.diyphotography.net/25-ways-to-jump-start-photography-inspiration
I definitely found this link very helpful in giving ways to think of new ideas and inspiration for my final photography project!

No comments:

Post a Comment