Sunday 26 January 2014

MY PHOTOGRAPHY STORY.

     Photography to me has always been about capturing things that particularly interest you in order to store the memories collected throughout a person's life.

     I first realised that I had an interest in photography once on a school trip to Paris. The trip lasted a small five days, where we simply visited every tourist attraction possible. Upon returning home and plugging my camera into the computer, I realised I had taken over 300 photos of anything and everything that caught my eye around Paris.

     My passion for photography continued to grow over the next few years after I inherited an old Olympus Camera from my Grandad that he found on Clapham Common, my next camera was a £4 polaroid that I picked up from the charity shop where I worked and finally, my most recent addition a Canon 600D Digital SLR camera.

     In general, I have very little knowledge of how to actually use the Canon camera, and once I found that photography was part of the Media Practice course at Sussex, I hoped that it would help me learn a lot more about how to get the most out of my new camera!

     I also have Tumblr, therefore I am constantly re-blogging photos all day. Although most of the photos are not my own material, you find a huge amount of different styles of photography which is why I think that the website is such a good outlet for photographers, alongside Instagram - however I feel Instagram tries to distort the images too much and that they lose a touch of their quality and individuality.

    The photography that interests me most is the photos that reflect glamour and style whilst also incorporating a sort of grungy, urban vibe. I particularly like photos that show an insight into people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment